First Ultrasound!

4/11/12

We just got back from our appointment, and here's the ultrasound! Everything looked strong, normal and healthy- a very welcome change from the miscarriage in the fall, when there were so many things wrong.



The picture even looks like a little baby, although the doctor said that was deceiving because the part that looks like a head is actually the yolk sac and the head is actually on the opposite end. But we could totally see a little arm or leg, and definitely saw a very visible and strong heartbeat! There is something about seeing this as proof that makes it so much more real. And since I will be starting my ninth week tomorrow, it's getting easier and easier to hope that I'll actually make it through this first trimester to deliver a healthy baby!

I am very sad that this was my last appointment with my reproductive endocrinologist (fertility doctor). She has been so amazing and has really been so wonderful and supportive through all of my treatments and mishaps and I can only hope that I find an OB that is half as fantastic as she is. But I love to research, and I've found three different doctors that I hope will fit my needs. I'm sure at least one of them will make a good fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment