9 weeks and 5 days!

4/24/12

I had my first appointment with my new OB today! She's super nice, and has just the right blend of no-nonsense and compassion that I like/need. The appointment went very well, and I was sooo happy to see that she does her own ultrasounds instead of sending me off to an ultrasound technician. I had such a bad experience with that with my miscarriage in the fall! And she totally seems like the type of doctor who will give me an ultrasound if I ask for it, even if she doesn't think it's necessary. Not that I want to be all demanding, but I think she gets how important it can be to just have that peace of mind knowing that the baby is alive and well. She seemed to insinuate that I'll have either an ultrasound or a doppler at every appointment. She answered a lot of my questions and really made me feel at ease. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice of doctors so far!

The ultrasound today looked great. The baby is measuring exactly on schedule, and the heart beat is good and strong at 170 which is right in the normal range. It was even starting to wiggle around a bit and kind of looked like it was waving its little arm at me!



The only bad thing was that I've had such bad morning sickness that I've lost 14 lbs in the last month, and my urine sample came back saying I'm basically starving. Not surprising to me, because I can't keep much down, and my appetite is all but non-existent. So the doc prescribed me Zofran, which is an anti-nausea medication. Hopefully it will help me get some food in these next few weeks!

I have another appointment next Tuesday to check up on my eating/weight gain, and then I'll have another one once I hit the second trimester. I'm so excited! It looks like this baby is going to make it!

3 comments:

  1. This is the best post yet. You are doing so good pal. Hang in there through all of this crap and the good parts will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it's going well. They should do a doppler no problem any time you request it, so don't be apprehensive to ask. Remember, they're used to crazy pregnant ladies! ;)

    ReplyDelete