12 weeks today!

We've officially hit the twelve week mark and I'm finally starting my second trimester! It still feels like my first trimester, (still not doing so well) but the baby seems to be right on track and doing well, and of course the statistics for miscarriage have now gone down significantly. I had another appointment today and heard the heartbeat again and the doctor tested my levels to see if I needed another IV. My levels are still low, but since I've been taking the dissolving Zofran I've cut down on the vomiting 2-5 times a day to maybe once every other day. That's a good improvement in my opinion! So she said that unless I'm unable to keep down water or if I puke more than once a day, I should be okay without the IV. I even was able to do a little shopping and go out to dinner with Philip! So things are looking up, and hopefully this second trimester will get rid of this sickness for good! My next appointment is going to be on our anniversary, and it will be the big ultrasound appointment where we might find out the sex of the baby! I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats buddy! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. And what a great weekend to celebrate. Everyone is so excited and happy for you both to be parents. You are just a summer away from holding this little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie! I've been checkingbthis blog all week eagerly awaiting the start of your 2nd trimester and it's here! Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations to you three :). I'm sorry to hear about your morning (more like all day =\) sickness, but it does sound to be on the mend. Thank goodness for modern medicine! Eating soups and broths really helped me, and Dan and I found potatoes to be what we termed my "spirit food".. They were the only things that I could eat.

    Since I'm just home these days with Nick, let me know if you ever want to hang out for an afternoon!

    Be well :),
    Gany

    ReplyDelete