14 weeks!

Baby is about 3.5 inches long now, about the size of a lemon. :) I don't have another appointment soon, so we won't get to see him/her again on an ultrasound until June 12, (our anniversary!) when they'll do the anatomy scan.

As for me, I think I'm finally coming out of the first trimester woes! My energy has been up, and most importantly I've stopped puking multiple times a day. I've even been able to go without my nausea meds and be okay! The only thing I've found so far is that if I continue to sleep poorly, I'll have a really bad day and the nausea comes back. (although not as strong as it has been!) So I keeping up with the sleeping pills after attempting not to take one and having an awful day as a result. Things have been better for about 5 days now, so when I hit a full week of feeling better I'll officially consider myself done with morning sickness! yay!

I'm definitely looking pregnant these days, which I find to be a lot of fun. This picture was taken a week ago, and I feel even bigger now!



We also made our very first big baby purchase! I know it's still a bit early, but the stroller I wanted was on sale for about 30% off on amazon, so I took the opportunity to get it cheap while I could.  I did tons of research to settle on it. It folds up small and is pretty light weight, has a lot of storage space and it can also accommodate an infant seat for the early days. So much less bulky than the huge "travel systems" that I've always found to be a pain. This is it, except in green.
I'm glad we've decided to space some of our purchases out a bit. I don't think we'll be buying anything else anytime soon, although I'm still working on a few sewing projects for the baby. :)

That's it for now!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're starting to feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, you look beautiful! What a blessing!! See you soon. Love, your Auntie Schmantie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear! Keep up with the Unisom, it also helps with nausea. My doctors had me take that instead of nausea pills because it has less side effects. You can take half a tablet every 6 hours I think. Don't forget to try and eat whenever possible, sometimes I found myself feeling like I was going to puke and later realised I actually felt sick was because I was starving and not nauseas! Silly babies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stroller is awesome! Very good choice. My running stroller is a Joovy. And that one looks like it'll be nice to take shopping with you. Save at least one big item for the women's chorus to collectively buy you!

    ReplyDelete