11 weeks today!

5/3/12

I had another appointment yesterday and the baby's doing great! It was amazing to see the little one doing flips and waving at me! Everything is checking out perfectly.
Seeing the baby move around like that really hit me (and my overactive emotions) and I almost started crying I was so excited. We've been trying for so long and hoping that this would finally happen and now it has! It's so amazing!

Although the baby's doing great, the little bean has been stealing all of my nutrients from me and making me super sick so the doctor sent me to get an IV and replenish my fluids. So I spent a long lovely day at the hospital with all sorts of needles and monitors hooked up to me so that I can hopefully start getting back to normal. I'm at the brink of the second trimester, which is when things are supposed to start easing up and most women lose the majority of their morning sickness and get a bit of a boost of energy. I am patiently waiting for that day to come! I'll see the doctor again next week to check my levels and see if I've gained any weight instead of losing it. They also gave me a couple more nausea meds to try, one of which is basically the same one as before except it dissolves in your mouth. The other one is completely different, but I won't be trying that unless the dissolving one doesn't seem to help. Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

  1. You finally have a good excuse to be fat and lazy! HURRAY!

    ReplyDelete